Saturday, March 5, 2011

Better late than never


So, I’m in the process of converting A1 Slave Pits of the Undercity to 4e rules for the meetup group I’ve been playing with lately. The group has been a lot of fun, and through it I’ve been introduced to a lot of classic D&D experiences that I missed out on when we were playing mostly homebrew stuff in high school and college. Back in high school, I had never heard of the Tomb of Horrors, the Temple of Elemental evil, or Castle Greyhawk. I never met Elminster in the streets of Waterdeep or fought alongside Sturm Brightblade. I didn’t read any of the novels and I didn't watch the cartoon show. We were having a blast with our own creations, and occasionally dabbled in the netbooks of traps or riddles, but nothing in our experiences tied us into the larger D&D world. Now I feel like I’m getting schooled in all of these classic mods, and I’m really loving it. Better late than never.

No comments:

Post a Comment